This Houston based role will be a member of a larger global team. Based locally in Houston, TX this person will work as part of the IT Operations Engineering team as an SME in the End User Computing (EUC) environment. This areas include (but are not limited to) on premise VDI, End-user and desktop technologies as well as device connectivity. This person will serve as a technical escalation point for the IT Operations team.
- Support and maintain a subset of live services (network connectivity is maintained by a separate team), including but not limited to:
- Scheduled checks through all assigned systems
- Service improvements – managed and transitioned through the established Change Process
- Incident and Service Request escalations from other teams
- Conducting planned resilience and continuity activities through all global systems, services, platforms and offices.
- Capacity management across all core services and systems, to ensure growth is predicted and scaled for.
- Backup and resilience through Commvault
- Liaising with third parties and the business to resolve issues and incidents
- Work within and adhere to set delivery standards through all incident and request queues
- Ensure adherence to the set KPI’s and CSF’s to support the IT strategic direction and objectives
- Continuously look and drive for development / training areas and improvements for the entire team
- Work to triage and resolve user incidents & service requests, taking ownership, trouble shooting and liaising with other IT teams to resolve and manage user expectations
- Educate colleagues on best practice, adoption and utilisation of technology, applications, and services
- Work with the Lead IT Operations Engineer to identify trends and spot potential problems
- Improve and iterate on service support provision to the office
- Provide support with hardware and software maintenance.
- Additional / ad hoc duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
Knowledge / Qualifications
- VMware (vCenter + Horizon) VDI
- Exchange (both on-prem and M365)
- Networking concepts
- PowerShell scripting and automation
- Backup tools (ideally Commvault, but training can be provided)
- Office 365
- Microsoft Intune (or equivalent MDM Solution)
- Windows Server
- Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
- Endpoint Security Software (Cisco Amp – or equivalent)
- Service Now ITSM
- 3 years plus experience within an IT Support role
- Good knowledge of ServiceNow ITSM
- Customer oriented, with a passion for delivering excellent service and continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, able to provide technical support over the telephone, chat, or face to face
- Professional manner with a strong work ethic
- Ability to adapt and handle a constantly changing flow of support calls and walk-up technical assistance
- Ability to multitask effectively during busy times and remain calm during stressful situations
- Flexible and willing to work outside of the core hours if necessary
- Desire to learn and to undertake on-the-job training with continuous personal development
- Meticulous with all Change Control
The above information in this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required or assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.